New York Crane Accident Lawyer
New York Construction Accident Attorneys Helping People Injured in Crane Accidents
Crane collapses and other construction accidents involving cranes can be quite serious and are often deadly. When crane accidents occur due to negligence or the failure of the contractor to properly supervise and provide for the safety of the workers, the New York construction accident attorneys at Dupée & Monroe, P.C. step in to hold negligent workers, contractors and property owners responsible and obtain compensation for injured workers and their families.
Improper use of cranes causes deadly accidents on New York construction projects
More than twenty percent of construction fatalities are attributable to crane accidents. Technological advances have made cranes capable of moving faster, extending farther and carrying greater loads, but safety limitations and concerns remain as serious as ever. All workers at a construction site and others in the vicinity are at risk of injury or death while a crane is in operation, particularly if a load becomes unbalanced while it is being lifted, or in the event of a crane collapse.
Crane accidents occur when careful attention is not paid by the crane operator, other workers on the site, or those in charge of planning and executing the operation in question. Crane accidents are often attributed to the following circumstances:
- The crane is not set up properly
- Planning and coordination of the operation is inadequate for safety
- The crane is not operated within the design parameters set out by the manufacturer
- Operating procedures are modified by personnel on the jobsite on an ad hoc basis
- The crane selected for the job is not suited to the task or is inadequate considering conditions at the jobsite
- Electrical power lines and other overhead hazards are not properly considered
- Crane operator, site supervisor or superintendent is inexperienced or unknowledgeable about safe crane operation
- Crane is not set up on a solid foundation or is otherwise set up improperly
- Outriggers are improperly extended
- Pinch points are left unguarded
- Clearances are insufficient to complete the lift
- The area surrounding the crane operation is congested
Let Experienced New York Construction Accident Lawyers Help You Recover From Your Crane Accident Injuries
Most crane accidents are avoidable if proper care and attention is taken in the planning and execution of the crane operation from start to finish. Liability often ultimately rests with the property owner or contractor in charge of the construction project. At Dupée & Monroe, P.C., our lawyers are experienced in representing victims of New York construction accidents and helping them get the compensation they need and deserve to recover from their injuries. If you have been injured in a crane accident in Goshen and surrounding areas, contact Dupée & Monroe, P.C. to speak with one of our experienced New York construction accident attorneys.