New York Head-on Collisions Attorney
Head-on collisions are among the most serious and dangerous car crashes. Although they account for a smaller percentage of the total number of traffic crashes each year, they are the most likely to lead to catastrophic injury, including death. Even survivors of head-on collisions are likely to require extensive medical care, costing significant time, energy, and money. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a head-on crash, you need a zealous and competent car accident attorney on your side to ensure that you get the maximum recovery available from the at-fault driver.
If a negligent driver crashed into you in New York, the trial-ready personal injury lawyers at Dupée & Monroe are here to help. We will investigate the circumstances of your head-on collision, collect the evidence required to build your case and prove the extent of your injury, negotiate with responsible parties and insurance providers, and fight your case in court. If you do not get the settlement offer you deserve, we will take your case to trial and beyond. Contact the Goshen car accident lawyers at Dupée & Monroe for a free consultation after a New York head-on crash.
What Leads to a Head-on Collision?
Head-on collisions, also called “frontal crashes” or “front impact accidents,” occur when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions hit each other’s front ends. They typically occur when one driver leaves their lane, either intentionally or accidentally. Very rarely can a head-on collision occur without someone acting negligently.
Many factors might lead to a head-on collision. A driver may drift into the other lane, they may change lanes intentionally for one reason or another, they may accidentally jerk into oncoming traffic, or they may take a wrong turn onto a one-way road. Factors that can lead to a head-on crash include:
- Drunk or intoxicated drivers drifting into oncoming traffic
- Drowsy or fatigued drivers nodding off and losing control, especially employees who work the night shift or long-haul truckers
- Drivers distracted by texting, reading a map, obtaining GPS coordinates, eating, or otherwise taking their eyes, hands, or attention off the road
- Poor weather conditions causing a car to swerve or making lane lines difficult to see
- Aggressively passing a car by entering the opposite traffic lane without sufficient space
- Driving the wrong way down a one-way road
- Hazardous construction zones
- Poor road conditions, including inadequate lighting, potholes, broken guardrails, or faded divider lines
- Collateral accidents caused by an instigating crash sending additional cars into other lanes
Common Head-On Collision Injuries
The seasoned car accident attorneys at Dupée & Monroe help victims of head-on crashes recover damages resulting from a variety of injuries. Some of the more common injuries likely to result from head-on crashes include:
- Broken facial bones
- Neck, back, and spinal injuries
- Cuts, lacerations, abrasions
- Dislocated limbs and broken bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury, including concussions and other serious injuries
- Chest and ribcage damage (often caused by an airbag or seatbelt)
Unfortunately, the worst consequence of a head-on collision is frighteningly common: death. Wrongful death claims may be brought by survivors of the deceased through whoever acts as the representative of the estate. If you have been injured in a head-on crash, or if your loved one has been killed, you have the right to compensation for the harm you have suffered. The passionate car accident victim lawyers at Dupée & Monroe can help.
Trusted New York Head-On Car Crash Attorneys Fighting for You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a head-on collision in Orange County, find out if you should file a claim for damages by contacting the professional, experienced, and effective Goshen car crash lawyers Dupée & Monroe at 845-294-8900.