Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Dupée & Monroe, P.C., Attorneys at Law
Complimentary Consultations Available 845-294-8900

What Should I Do If I’m Involved in a Hit and Run Accident?

Back to Video Gallery

If you’re involved in a hit and run accident, it is important that you immediately report the accident to the local police department. If you fail to report the accident your ability to bring an uninsured or under insured motorist claim against your own insurance carrier may be waived.

You should provide the police with as much information as possible about the hit and run vehicle so that they can probably document it in the police report and efforts can be made to locate and identify the owner and operator of the vehicle that you were involved in an accident with.

If the owner and operator of the vehicle cannot be determined, you will still have a right to bring a claim against your own, liability insurance company for uninsured or under insured motorist benefits.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn